Hey guys. I made this for dinner tonight. It was my first teriyaki chicken and it tasted fantastic!
I found this on Frugality Gal through Pinterest.
The author, Jazmin, says this dish only has 322 calories per serving.
I served mine over rice, which I started cooking right after I chopped up the chicken.
Honey Teriyaki Chicken Recipe (serves 4)
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken (tenders or breasts)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1. Chop thawed, raw chicken tenders into 1-inch pieces.
2. Transfer chicken into a large bowl. Add the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic and salt and pepper (but NOT the sesame seeds yet!). Massage into chicken with hands. Then wash your hands. 🙂
3. Transfer chicken (liquid and all) into an oiled and heated pan. Place the stove on medium heat.
4. After about five minutes, crank the heat up to high. Stirring occasionally, cook until the sauce has reduced. It should take about 15 minutes.
5. When the sauce thickens up and starts sticking to the chicken, add sesame seeds. Stir.
6. Remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes before serving. Proudly show off your mad skills.
Sticky delicious goodness. I made this because the mysterious grocery-giver also got us chicken and honey.
I hope you enjoy making this! Tell me how it went!